It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it may be used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What options are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies regarding the information.
COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
ACCESS AND CONTROL
- See what data we have about you (if any)
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. It is not stored or shared and is only used for the direct purpose it has been provided for.
In most situations, you will know the fee for shipping prior to the package being shipped. There is also an expectation that shipping will be paid in full prior to your order being shipped. There may be special circumstances with your purchase of contact lenses in which free shipping is available. For more details, please call our office 563.659.2020 (DeWitt Eyecare) or 563.652.2020 (Maquoketa Eyecare).
- We will adjust frames and replace any screws free of charge for frames purchased from our offices.
- All frames come with a 1-year warranty against manufacturer defects. While the manufacturer will be the final judge as to whether the frame is due to manufacturer defect or otherwise, our eyewear consultants will do all possible to rectify any issues. A $29 warranty fee will be charged for any replacement needed.
- If a patient chooses to place new lenses into an old frame, we cannot be held liable for breaks or damage. As frames age, they may become brittle in ways invisible to the human eye. Patients assume the risk when using old frames. He/she should also be warned that he/she assumes the risk when our team members adjust older frames.
- A frame re-style may be available to a patient within 90 days (3 months) of the order date should a patient be dissatisfied with his/her selection. A $29 fee will be charged for this process.
- Lens remakes and doctor verifications will be granted, free of charge, within 90 days (3 months) of the order date if the lenses were made through our offices under the following conditions: a) prescription change b) measurement change c) lab error.
- If a patient seeks a doctor verification after 90 days after the lenses were received, the patient will be charged a refraction fee (if a new refraction is required).
- If lenses were made by an outside office, we will measure the prescription in the new glasses to verify accuracy. Patients will not be reimbursed any fees an outside office charges for remakes. If patient requests a doctor verification, he/she will be charged a refraction fee.
- If a patient chooses to upgrade their lens options within 90 days, then he/she must pay any applicable upgrade charges.
- If a patient chooses to downgrade their lens options, no refunds will be provided, but will remake his/her lenses at no additional cost.
- Lens manufacturer warranties vary, with dates commencing from the date the order was paid for. See one of our eyewear consultants for what warranties you have based upon the lens materials and enhancements you selected. A $29 warranty fee will be charged for any replacement needed.
- Any exchange of contact lenses will be disqualified if any of the boxes received are opened, marked, or expired.
- If materials are approved for exchange, the patient will be credited the amount they spent on the lenses at the time of purchase and will be able to use those funds towards the updated order.
- Once the contact lenses have been finalized, purchased, and dispensed, no refunds or returns will be provided.
- Doctor verifications will be granted, free of charge, within 90 days (3 months) of the order date if the lenses were made through our offices.
- Lens exchanges due to defect are available to those who purchased the lenses through our offices. A patient may receive lenses (if needed) to get to his/her annual examination if he/she purchased materials previously from our offices.